Graphite special properties
1) temperature resistance: graphite melting point 3850 ± 50 ℃, boiling point to 4,250, even with ultra high temperature arc burning, weight loss is very small, very small thermal expansion coefficient. Strength increases with the temperature of graphite and strengthened in 2000 when the strength of graphite 1 time.
2) electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity: conductivity of graphite 100 times higher than the General non-metallic minerals. Thermal conductivity than steel, iron, lead and other metals. Thermal conductivity decreases with temperature, even at very high temperatures, the graphite into the insulator. Graphite can conduct electricity because the graphite, each carbon atom forms only 3 Covalent bonds with other carbon atoms, each carbon atom is still retaining the 1 free electron transfer charge.
3) lubrication: graphite Flake graphite's lubricating properties depends on the size scale larger, low friction coefficient, better lubrication property.
4) chemical stability: graphite at room temperature, has a good chemical stability, resistant to acids, alkalis and organic solvents corrosion resistance.
5) plasticity: the toughness of graphite, can be crushed into very thin slices.
6) thermal shock resistance: graphite at room temperature when you use can withstand the drastic changes of temperature without damage, when sudden temperature, graphite size have changed a little, will not crack.